Sunday, May 31, 2009

Remake Clock



There is a special place in my heart for old things. You know, not quite old enough to be labled as antiques, but still nostalgic. I`ve been lucky enough to be able to come in possession of a couple of real nice old wall clocks. Such lovely pieces , don`t you think?

One I`ve recycled as a towel dispenser. This is in the utility room off the the bath. These towels are different than our hand towels in the U.S. They`re kind of "all purpose" towels used for everything from "wash rag"to"spill wiper".

I did this by removing the insides and remodeling the "door"on the front of the clock. I arranged it so that the folded towel is put in on top and you pull out the one on the bottom to use. I`ve put a towel ring on the bottom of the clock to hold the hand wipe towel currently in use. If I lived in the U.S. I would probably use this in the kitchen for kitchen towels. It`s very handy.

I have another recycled clock in the kitchen that I`ve made into a spice rack. This was very simple to do. I just removed the insides of the clock and put in a couple of shelves. It looks nice and still earns it`s keep.

It`s fun to find ways to reuse these lovely clocks.Although I`m sure avid clock collectors
absolutely cringe at the thought of what I do to these clocks, I`ve found a way to cherish them while using them....and I`m OK with that.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment