Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Doctor Fish

Have you heard of  Doctor Fish?
(According to Wikipedia: The Doctor fish or "Garra Rufa ", also known as the nibble fish, is from Turkey. It is used in Turkish spas as a treatment for skin diseases such as psorisis. The fish only consumes affected and dead skin leaving healthy skin to grow.)
The Hotel I stayed at in Okinawa had a setup in the shopping area, the setup being a small pool with benches surrounding the pool . You set on the bench and dangle your feet in the pool. The fish nibble on your feet ....yes , they nibble on your feet! The first minute of this was like nothing I`ve ever experienced! It doesn`t hurt! It tickles? Vibrates? I`m at a loss for words! If you make it through the first minute without loosing it... it`s actually a vibrating massage feeling that feels good! (I paid 500 yen for 10 minutes, about $5.) After 10 minutes my feet were very smooth and the dead skin was gone! PLUS...I felt quite refreshed! The tiredness I had felt in my feet was gone.
Hey, don`t take my  word for it! If you get the chance...try it!
I highly recommend it!


Doctor Fish!


Have a nice day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment